Many executives’ major focus are profit and loss (P&L) issues and profitability. These in most cases aren’t reasons for their rough rides in their official capacities.
Mark Murphy of Leadership IQ.com in a survey interviewed 1,087 board members from 286 organizations where CEOs have been fired and results showed the following
- 31% got fired f0r poor change management,
- 28% for ignoring customers,
- 27% for tolerating low performance,
- 23% for denying reality and
- 22% for too much talk and not enough action.
These are all soft issues which become major determinants of these executives’ tenure.