5 THINGS LEADERS DO TO GET AWESOME RESULTS
The awesome result of leaders is the laudable outcome of the activities of a leader that meets and exceeds the favourable expectation of all observers and admirers. Awesome results are the outcome of the force of change, creative efforts and the need to make a difference of whatever a person does. Leaders achieve awesome results by doing the following five things:
- Share. The leaders first assignment is to know the destination of where he intends to go with his/her team and share this information with them. The destination that the leader intends to achieve is what is referred to as the bigger picture. In sharing the vision of the future, all team members must be told their roles which will help to achieve the goal of the destination. The leader must find a role for everyone in the big picture and challenge the team that they have what it takes to achieve their individual parts.
- Engage. The leader deliberately involves members of their teams in every aspect of what they do from the planning to execution stage to win their attention and excitement. To be engaged with team members is to explore their thinking, creativity and suggestions on what is being done. It is a strategy a leader uses to lead from the back while the team is made to craft strategies, create a plan where everyone is a player and a resource person.
- Challenge. A leader should be able to stand in front of their teams and say Joseph, I know you can do this for us. Joseph may never had done that assignment before in his entire life but because the leader has challenged him, he employs every available skill he can muster to deliver on the assignment. Awesome leaders see beyond the immediate capability of their people and they challenge them to discover their hidden abilities by assigning them new responsibilities.
- Empower. Awesome leaders are not afraid to give power and resources to their teams to achieve their objectives. They don’t only delegate, they give power of attorney to their teams to use their initiatives to drive plan and achieve results. When their teams fail, they don’t latch at the reasons to criticize them and bruise their egos. They rather correct the errors and show a better way to achieve results. Awesome leaders are interested in turning ordinary people into winners and they see mistakes as part of the journey.
- Create. Awesome leaders create processes that guide performance of team members towards planned results. By creating a process flow chart, the leader identifies and specifies the stages, steps and actions team members will follow to achieve their planned results. Processes help to guide against errors, failures, delivering of unplanned results and controlling deviations.
Join Our Social Media Community