5 Ways To Rebuild Your Self Esteem
- Refuse to dwell on negative thoughts about yourself. During the developmental stages of children, many people were exposed to negative messages, abuses, curses, derogatory remarks or were called very ugly names. When these messages dominate a person’s thought realm, it produces a feeling of worthlessness, inferiority, pity, weakness, anger, delusion, self-exclusion, denial and all forms of negativity. To rebuild your self-esteem, refuse to dwell on negative and derogatory messages and thoughts about yourself either generated by you or other persons.
- Don’t recall and build your future on past failures and experiences. Past successes and failures are sources of self-esteem. Failure during examinations, breakdown of marital relationship and business failures all create bad feelings about oneself. When these feelings control and dominate the thinking process, it reduces one’s up-beat nature thereby exposing the individual to vulnerable self-image.
- Treat memories that refuse to go away as stepping stones to greater achievement. These include devastating incidents of high impact which work around our minds and constantly reminds us of our inglorious past. These include monumental failures in the area of marriages, career, politics, business or one’s religious obligations. Be inspired by your past and use the experiences positively to redesign the future. Accept that those events happened but they are now in the past. Never allow the negatives to shape your future which hold great promises.
- Recondition the negative messages from your intuitive inner voice. Some persons may not have had any physical experience of misfortune. However, they are always hearing internal voices that spell fearful messages of failure, misfortune, accident, death, termination of appointment and humiliation. Due to these rather negative messages, these people are spellbound and unable to undertake risky ventures and decisions. Read positive mind changing books and be spiritually inspired through life changing messages that can recondition your mind. Seek help from counselors and psychiatrist to overcome the danger of negative internal messages/voices.
- Discover your purpose for living and fulfill it. An empty life without a well-defined course is a ready recipe for low self-esteem. A life of purpose is a life of high self-esteem. Find the things you are good at doing and where you derive utmost satisfaction and devote your time and energy to actualizing them.
Join Our Social Media Community